Adventures in Amsterdam-Europe 2010

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hello Amsterdam!!!


Nothing quite like making changes in your life!!! I have spent 32 years of my life living in Texas, and don't get me wrong I love Texas and will always be a true Texan at heart, but I decided it was time for a fresh start. As most of my friends and family know I LOVE to travel, and that honestly might be an understatement. It is my lifelong goal to see the world, and I do have a lot of world traveling under my belt thus far. But what better way to see the world then be emersed in the very heart of it. So I had been on the search to find a job that would move me to Europe. Well after many months of looking I was finally given the opportunity!! The timing couldn't have been more perfect....so I interviewed and now low and behold I am moving to Amsterdam. That would be in the Netherlands for those of you that might not be as geographically savvy.



I honestly have never been more excited about something in my life!! Although I have actually never been to Amsterdam (and yes you might think that is crazy that I moving somewhere I've never been), however I have heard nothing but great things about the city. I am currently knee deep in the process of finding a furnished apartment, but have no doubt that something great will come up soon. I will be moving the first of November and and am scheduled to start my new job November 9. So I'm off to the land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes....and well I'm sure most of you have heard stories about Amsterdam, so yes the land of really good brownies (wink wink).




No comments: